Course OverviewAn interactive report writing training course for business reports, run by a written communications skills expert. As a result of this course, you will produce well-structured business reports that engage the reader. The training program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirement of your team.
Who Should Attend?Anyone who has to write or contribute to business reports, proposals, white papers or other types of written business communication.
- Principles for effective report writing
- Clarifying objectives
- Undertaking your research
- Constructing your case
- Planning the report
- Structuring the report and testing out the key messages
- Using the appropriate style and tone
- Formatting and finalising the layout of report
- Calling the reader to action
- Editing and proof reading the report
Course MethodsThis report writing training will be delivered in a highly engaging and interactive way, focused on the specific needs of the participants and the organisation.
- Trainer input and tips through short presentation, facilitation and group discussion
- Individual and small group exercises with facilitated group review of learning
- Practise sessions for participants to complete key elements of writing a report
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire
- A colour printed workbook with report writing tips, techniques and space for personal notes
Program ObjectivesBy attending the report writing course, delegates will have:
- Gained an understanding of the reason for the different types of report formats and when, why and how they should be used
- Produced clear, hierarchical, and logical structures which project the messages they wish to communicate
- Used some tried and tested report writing techniques to persuade and influence their readers