Course OverviewThis training course will equip one with the skills required to carry out a training needs analysis. Participants will be able to make recommendations and implement findings to ensure a good return on training investment. The program outline is up to date and pertinent to marketplace requirements, thus catering well to all analytical prediction of training needs in the specified area. A customised proposal can also be arranged, to suit the training requirements of your team.
Who Should Attend?Training managers and consultants or HR managers looking to be able to advise and implement a training strategy for a business.
Program OutlineTraining Needs Identification:
- identifying training needs in a business-driven context
- linking to corporate vision, strategy and organisational objectives
- recognising training needs revealed by business performance shortfall.
- understanding the stages of the systematic training needs analysis model;
- logical sequencing
- identifying residual, present and future training needs
- collecting information about knowledge and skills requirements for specific job competencies
- sources of information
- using and adapting survey instruments, questionnaires, interviews, observation.
- appropriate training interventions
- producing the initial action plan
- determining priorities
- identifying ‘achievement windows'
- defining costs, success criteria and benefits.
- structuring written reports and presentations on training needs and priorities
- writing behavioural objectives
- using persuasive techniques and follow-up activities to support recommendations.
Program ObjectivesBy the end of this training needs analysis training course, delegates will be able to:
- Prepare a plan for the identification of current and future training needs
- Select and use information-gathering techniques effectively
- Analyse the information to prioritise training needs
- Produce a training plan showing solutions, priorities and benefit projections